Viencon’s Fiery anime run
August 17, 2018 at 9:00 pm
Come and watch as 6 people eat 5 different spicy hot wings, while playing a game where you have think of an anime name each round. Sounds easy right?
If you want to take part of this challenge, come to the event and maybe you will be picked out of the crowd.
The person who can withstand the hottest spices will win a prize figure!
It is strongly advised against this event for people who are pregnant (in expectation), suffer from certain physical illnesses. Participating is at your own risk.
By taking part in this event, the participant agrees with the conditions that if something may occur, Viencon and those involved are not responsible for the consequences.
Viencon's Fiery anime runCome and watch as 6 people eat 5 different spicy hot wings, while playing a game where you…
Posted by Viencon on Monday, August 13, 2018
Viencon Cosplay Competition
May 19, 2018 at 8:00 am
Are you ready to take the stage at the Viencon Cosplay Competition? Of course you are! You can sign up until August 1st.
The competition will take place on Saturday September 1st, 2018.
For this competition, you are allowed to enter with a bought costume! However, you can only participate for the act/skit prize. So if you’re amazing with skits and not-so-great with sewing and crafting, you can still enjoy competing. A small side-note, lying about the costume will lead to disqualification. Our experienced judges will know when a costume is self-made or not.
Be sure to read the rules below and you can sign up via this form: https://goo.gl/forms/3B7AidTIDl7ZMF1f2
Cosplay Competition Rules
- Costumes are not allowed to be obscene, insulting and contain or provoke hate speech.
- Nudity is not allowed. All costumes must cover intimate areas as public nudity is prohibited (think of the children, why won’t anyone think of the children…).
- Do not harass anyone. We have a zero tolerance policy concerning our rules.
- Have respect for each other.
- You can sign-up until August 1st 2018.
- You’re not allowed to participate with a costume that has already won a prize.
- Lying about whether a costume is self-made or not will lead to disqualification.
- All contestants have to perform an act. The duration is 1:30 minutes for a solo act and 2 minutes for a duo act.
- Only existing characters are allowed, so no own designs or gijinkas.
- Your final evaluation is made up of 60% of the act/skit and 40% of the costume.
- There is room for 15 solo acts and 15 duo acts.
- Pre-selection will take place when more than fifteen entries have signed up, because we don’t have enough time for more entries.
- Contestants have to tell which parts of the costume they have made themselves and which not.
- There will be an MC on stage to ask you a few questions. Don’t worry, they won’t bite.
- You can win prizes in three categories (see prizes).
Weapons and props
What is allowed and what isn’t? Remember that all props should be safe and easy to carry and handle in busy environments. Your props shouldn’t endanger anyone or accidentally hurt anyone. If you have brought such a prop or weapon, it will be taken into custody. In case of weapons, we will have to contact the police.
Also keep in mind weapon law of The Netherlands. A prop should never resemble a weapon or be made of heavy materials, such as hard wood and metal. A few examples of prohibited weapons are: firearms, weapons that can shock someone, fake/toy weapons that can’t be distinguished from the real ones, crossbows, swords, stilettos, butterfly knives, (brass) knuckles, arrows and arrow points, knives, airguns, self defence weapons such as pepper spray and tear gas.
You will receive an email to confirm your sign up. In case of more than 15 entries, 15 entries will be selected for each competition. Once the sign ups close the contestants will be emailed and asked to send information about their costume for the pre-selection. Make sure everything is in order for the pre-selection. After the pre-selection you will receive further information for the next steps, for example where and when you have to be for prejudging.
- Prejudging will take place at the Venue, before the Cosplay Competition begins. All contestants have to be presents so the judges have enough time to look at everyone’s costumes.
- If you haven’t made your cosplay yourselves, then you don’t have to be at the prejudging.
Our prizes are sponsored by Cosplay Clues and Hype Creations.
The prizes are in the following categories:
- Best Act
- Best Costume
- Best Overall
If you have not made your own costume, then you can only contest for Best Act.
- Kostuums mogen niet obsceen of beledigend zijn, aanzetten tot haat of provoceren.
- Naakt is niet toegestaan. Alle kostuums moet voldoende dekking hebben om in het openbaar gedragen te worden (vergeet niet dat er gezinnen met kinderen aanwezig zijn).
- Val niemand lastig. We hanteren een zero tolerance beleid.
- Heb respect voor elkaar.
- Je kunt je inschrijven tot 1 augustus 2018.
- Je mag niet meedoen met een kostuum dat al een prijs heeft gewonnen voor een andere cosplay competitie bij andere conventies.
- Liegen over of je kostuum zelf gemaakt is, kan leiden tot diskwalificatie.
- Alle deelnemers zullen een act moeten opvoeren. Maximaal 1:30 minuut voor een Solo act en maximaal 2 minuten voor een Duo act.
- Uitsluitend bestaande personages (dus geen eigen designs)
- Act zal beoordeeld worden op 60-40 (act-kostuum).
- Er is ruimte voor 15 solo acts en 15 duo acts.
- Er zal een voorselectie plaatsvinden als er meer dan 15 aanmeldingen per categorie zijn.
- Deelnemers kunnen tijdens de voorselectie aangeven welke delen compleet zelf gemaakt zijn.
- Er zal een presentator aanwezig zijn op het podium om je enkele vragen te stellen. Wees gerust, hij bijt niet.
- Je kunt prijzen ontvangen in verschillende categorieën (zie prijzen).
Wapens en rekwisieten
Wat mag je meebrengen en wat kun je beter thuis laten? Onthoud dat alle rekwisieten die je meebrengt veilig moeten zijn in een drukke omgeving. Breng niemand in gevaar en doe niemand pijn met je rekwisiet. Mocht je een verboden wapen hebben meegebracht, wordt deze in beslag genomen en zullen wij contact opnemen met de politie.
Iedereen moet zich houden aan de regels van de Nederlandse Wapenwet. Enkele voorbeelden van de lijst van verboden wapens volgens de Nederlandse Wapenwet: vuurwapen, voorwerp dat een elektrische stroomstoot kan geven, nepwapen of speelgoedwapen dat niet van een echt vuurwapen te onderscheiden is, kruisboog, zwaard, stiletto, vlindermes, valmes, boksbeugel, pijlen en pijlpunten, mes met meerdere snijkanten, luchtdrukwapen en zelfverdedigingswapen, zoals pepperspray of traangas.
Degene die zich aanmelden ontvangen een mail ter bevestiging. Zodra de inschrijvingen sluiten worden deelnemers door ons gecontacteerd en gevraagd om informatie te sturen over hun cosplay kostuum voor de voorselectie. Zorg ervoor dat je er tip top uitziet tijdens de voorselectie!
Voor iedere wedstrijd worden 15 deelnemers geselecteerd. Na de selectie zal je verdere instructies gestuurd krijgen voor de volgende stappen. Ook krijg je te horen waar je moet verzamelen voor de prejudging.
De prejudging vindt plaats op locatie, voordat de Cosplay Contest van start gaat. Alle deelnemers dienen van te voren aanwezig te zijn zodat de jury hun cosplay kostuum kan bekijken en beoordelen. Wanneer je niet zelf de cosplay gemaakt hebt hoef je niet bij de prejudging aanwezig te zijn.
Onze prijzen zijn gesponsord door Cosplay Clues en Hype Creations. De prijzen voor de competitie worden verdeeld over: Best Act, Best Costume en Best Overall. (in geval van geen eigengemaakte cosplay maak je alleen kans op Best Act.)
May 17, 2018 at 4:00 pm
Our last judge is… Chiko! She is part of Team Cupcat together with Shiroku. They’ve participated in the WCS for Team Germany and took fourth place! Right now they represent Team Germany for the ECG.
We are very placed to have such an experienced cosplayer as judge.
Maid in Scotland!
May 14, 2018 at 2:27 pm
MAID IN SCOTLAND INVADE THE NETHERLANDS!
Maid in Scotland will be performing at Viencon this year! With lots of singing and dancing and of course the warm sunshine (We hope our snow maiden Mei won’t melt) it is sure to be a weekend
More information will follow as soon as possible!
May 14, 2018 at 2:22 pm
What’s an anime convention without karaoke? Boring is what! We are very glad to announce that Asgard Sings! will be in charge of the karaoke entertainment at Viencon Summer Festival.
They will also hold their famous competition, Thor’s Voice Battle! It’s a karaoke competition, so you don’t have to sing as well as Thor can, just be entertaining like Loki. You’ll have to sign-up at their Facebook page as soon as registrations opens. While there, give them a like to be kept up-to-date about their other events! For a complete list of songs available forr Thor’s Voice Battle, we redirect you to their website: https://asgardsings.nl/ More information will be provided at a later date.
You can find Asgard Sings! at the Viencon karaoke bar, where you can also buy refreshing drinks (or drinks of courage…).
Photograph by CosMania.
May 14, 2018 at 2:19 pm
Knights Cosplay are an extraordinary duo who will share their knowledge of cosplay at Viencon Summer Festival. They will hold a lecture about how to make animal ears and tails. For example, learn how to make those Ahri tails and keep them right up and in place. If you have questions, visit them at their booth!
What other lectures would you like to see? Let us know in the comments.
Photograph by Nostrum Photography.
GUEST – TAEYEON
March 12, 2018 at 9:00 pm
Cosplayer Tae Yeon Minemes Cosplay will come to Viencon. She will judge the competitions and hang out at her booth too.
TaeYeon is a cosplayer from South-Korea with a lot of experience in judging competitions. Will you be looking forward to meeting her?
GUEST – REIKA
March 11, 2018 at 9:00 pm
Meet Reika this year at Viencon! She will be chilling at her booth and judge the competitions.
As many of you already know, Reika is a cosplayer known for her tremendous skill and she has judged many competitions before.
Meet her at her booth and be sure to get one of her prints!
GUEST – FENIX FATALIST
March 10, 2018 at 9:00 pm
Mariya Karpenko, also known as Fenix Fatalist Cosplay, is an artist who lives in Kiev, Ukraine. She started as cosplayer and has a 10 years experience dedicated to costume design and cosplay creation. Today she owns her own costume studio and builds clothing brand with her husband, Vergil Sparda, who makes cosplay too. Mariya travels a lot around the world and has attended Maker Faire at Cairo, Dutch Comic Con and other various conventions. She will be pleased to talk about business part of an artist life, show the process of creating costumes and designs and spend time together with visitors at Viencon Summer Festival.
Photo by Alexander Bootsman
March 9, 2018 at 9:00 pm
AMV, short for Anime Music Video, is when an anime is edited to fit with a song. It has been done for over a decade, with the first AMVs distributed through LimeWire and AMV.org. Would you like to give it a go and participate in a competition?
Be sure to read the rules below.
When is the deadline?
You can sign up via the form below until August 1st.
You are allowed to enter previously made and uploaded AMVs, because we realise how little time there is until the deadline. However, you are not allowed to enter an AMV that you’ve already competed with. If there are too many entries, the judges will make a selection.
We won’t accept submissions after this date. Submissions can be reviewed and can be accepted, but we cannot guarantee this. Once sent in, the AMV can’t be changed. If there are too many submissions, we will hold a pre-selection round. You will hear if you’ve made it before August 24th.
Which extensions will be accepted?
- MKV H264
Requirements of the AMV:
Your AMV has to be an original self-made product that hasn’t entered another Dutch AMV competition. At least 50% has to be from animated material and contain music. Manga shots and live-action are also allowed. Excessive violence and pornography are not. In case of doubt, you can always contact us. The total length has be less than 3 minutes and 30 seconds. Logos and subtitles are not allowed. You will have to use footage without subtitles or remove these yourself. The video resolution has to be between 1024 x 576 and 1920 x 1080p. Aspect ratio can be 4:3 and 16:9 (but try not to stretch the footage). We allow lower resolution, but it won’t score you points with the judges.
Uploading and submitting.
The name of the video has contain your first and last name (or nickname) followed by the title of the AMV. Upload it to a website like Rapidshare or Wetranfser and send the link to the via email to Events@Viencon.nl
We won’t show or distribute your video without permission.
If you struggle with inspiration, why not go with our theme Cannonball Splash?
AMV by StripedPantsu.
What’s an anime convention without an AMV compo?Send the AMV before August 17th. Send it via E-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org and use a hosting site like sendspace to upload the video. It can't exceed 3 minutes and 30 second. Read the technical requirements and rules in the notes on our page. They will be uploaded on the website at a later date.If you struggle with inspiration, why not go with our theme Cannonball Splash?AMV by StripedPantsu.
Posted by Viencon on Tuesday, December 5, 2017